Paulding, Ohio – H.E. Orr Company, an innovative coating company centrally located in Paulding, Ohio, provides OEM E-coating and powder coating customers with significant cost savings and superior corrosion protection by combining two processes on one automated line. This combined coating approach is unique to the coating industry as most firms provide these two disciplines on separate production lines or with costly ship-through agreements to separate facilities.
Greg Johnson, president of H.E. Orr, explained the rationale behind the manufacturing investment. “We determined that there was a strong demand for combining both coating processes on the same line. Few companies across the country are set up in this manner. This investment in our production facility saves our OEM customers time and money,” he said.
E-coating and powder coating on one line offers significant benefits:
- Save time and transportation costs of moving parts to separate facilities (Orr delivers a 48-hour turn for both processes)
- Save re-racking time and labor costs over companies that have both processes at one plant but not on the same line
- Simplify parts specification changes by dealing with one supplier
- Improve durability of the coating for very little cost by adding e-coating to parts that are currently only powder coated
- Improve quality control, accounting efficiencies and communications by using only one supplier
To assure quality standards are met, Orr utilizes a zinc phosphate eight-stage pre-treatment that establishes an outstanding bonding surface prior to coating.
Johnson went on to say, “Everyone in the plant is dedicated to making sure our customers get exactly what they need from every part we coat. We have a 53-year tradition of delivering what we promise. Our responsiveness to customers has really carried us through in these tough economic times.”
Depending on the metals coated and the process used, Orr’s in-house team of engineers, technicians and quality control experts work with customers to establish a coating system to meet their requirements for salt spray test hours. Orr rigorously tests parts to ensure quality standards are met. H.E. Orr e-coats and/or powder coats over six million parts annually for two major foreign and domestic automakers and dozens of other OEM companies.